RUTHERFORD COUNTY EMERGENCY SMALL BUSINESS GRANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
May 4 – 15, 2020
~ Visit the Chamber or RCED Facebook page to access a link to the application ~
Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce and Rutherford County Economic Development have teamed up to provide an Emergency Small Business Assistance Grant in an amount up to $2,500 for qualifying Rutherford County businesses.
Together, these two organizations are committed to help the Rutherford County business community during these uncertain times. They understand that Coronavirus and the corresponding mandatory closure or change in service requirements could jeopardize many local small businesses. In an effort to ensure businesses remain viable and doors are able to reopen, an emergency grant program has been created to offer funding to help cover fixed operation costs for our most vulnerable businesses.
GRANT FUND DETAILS
- Funding for eligible operational costs (i.e. Rent, Mortgage, Utilities, etc.) incurred between May 1 through 31, 2020.
- Maximum grant amount is $2,500 per company with like ownership.
- Grants will be distributed once approved by a review team.
BASIC CRITERIA FOR ACCESSING THE APPLICATION FOR GRANT ASSISTANCE
- Business has a physical presence in Rutherford County and can show direct impact by the government-mandated shut down due to Coronavirus.
- Business has 20 or less FTE (full-time equivalent employees) in Rutherford County.
- Business is in good standing with regard to state and local taxes and licenses.
- Business can provide information to support operational expenses.
- Exclusions: national and regional chains with no local ownership.
- Local franchise owners can apply.
- There is a scoring matrix that will ultimately determine if a company qualifies for the grant dollars and the level that will be awarded.